“Whatever good that comes out of our neighborhoods will be a direct result of the good we invest into our neighborhoods. Restoring the Neighbor Back to the Hood is a way of life!”
Restoring the Neighbor Back to the Hood, Inc., is an organization purposed with returning Detroit communities back into neighborhoods anchored in the values of loving, educating, clothing and protecting members of the community. Restoring the Neighbor Back to the Hood Inc. will initially focus on communities that make up Zone 8/North West Goldberg in the 48208 zip code of Detroit. Currently our programs focus on educating, serving and empowering underserved communities through grass root initiatives including:
- 8th annual back to school backpack giveaway supplying more than 5,000 children with backpacks and schools supplies.
- Monthly People’s Survival Program which provides clothing, toiletries, household items and food to community members.
Future initiatives include the Restoring the Neighbor Back to the Hood Training Center. This facility will operate as a multipurpose, community-oriented, virtual business house. Our programming will educate, serve and empower community members by providing programs and services such as: literacy classes, digital training, conflict management and support groups, community jobs program, food, and clothing. This facility, rooted in the Zone 8 community of Detroit, will be the concrete application of being rooted with the people and providing practical programs which will meet the needs of the people.
Get involved and join the movement of RESTORING THE NEIGBOR BACK TO THE ‘HOOD, it is more than a slogan it is a way of life.
How can I get involved? Get involved three ways:
- Volunteer at our monthly People’s Survival Program
- Donate to the Restoring the Neighbor Back to the Hood Training Center campaign. http://www.gofundme.com/RTNBHtrainingcenter
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share our work!